Bible Baptist Church Gatton is an Independent Baptist Church that stands on the KJV 1611 as its final authority for its faith and practice. We believe that the KJV is the only version that is the perfect, infallible and inerrant Word of God. We believe that God has inspired and preserved it for English speaking people. God teaches, reproves, corrects and instructs through His Word (Psalm 12:6-7, 2 Timothy 3:16).
We believe that eternal life comes to an individual through a process of Repentance (a change of thinking toward God and sin), and a realisation of a sinful life. The following steps are important in receiving eternal life:
- Can I admit that I am a sinner and can do nothing by myself to change that? (Romans 3:23)
- Do I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ died as total payment for my sin and that He rose victorious from the grave? (Romans 10:9)
- Have I repented of my sins? (Acts 2:38, 3:19)
- Eternal life is a gift of God, it does not come through good works (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Eternal life given by God can never be lost, nor does one have to be saved ever again (John 10:28-29)
According to God’s Word, Christ’s Church (that is the only true Church) was started during His earthly ministry. This constitutes a local New Testament Church. A Church is a called out assembly of baptized believers assembled for the purpose of carrying out the Great Commission (Luke 6:12-13, Matthew 16:18, 28:19-20).
The Scriptures tell us that God created the Heaven and the earth and all that is in them in six literal days. We believe there is no room for evolution in God’s plan (Genesis 1, Exodus 20:11, Mark 10:6, Romans 1:20, Isaiah 45:18).
We believe that Scriptural baptism is Immersion in water of a believer (saved) in Christ, by the authority of a New Testament Church. Baptism is not a requirement for an individual’s salvation, but is a step of obedience to the Lord, picturing salvation (Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 8:36-37, Matthew 3:13-17).
Here at Bible Baptist Church Gatton we desire to give God the glory for His great works and love toward us. We do this through singing, preaching, giving and teaching. We do not believe, according to the scriptures that speaking in tongues, healing, or predicting the future have any part in a New Testament Baptist Church today. We are not Charismatic but we do enjoy and rejoice in the Lord and what He does among and through us (John 4:24, Ephesians 3:20-21, 1Corinthians 14:5-9).
Bible Baptist Church Gatton reports directly to Jesus Christ. Christ is the Head of our Church and therefore we are subject to His commands and teachings, which are in the Bible. The Pastor of the Church is placed in a position of great responsibility, which should be respected, but Jesus Christ and His Word are the final authority (Matthew 28:20, 1 Peter 2:25, Ephesians 5:23-25).
We look forward to seeing you and spending time around God’s Word.
Pastor Curtis Rothemund
- Location / Region Queensland
- Service Times Sunday: 10am, Sunday School also starts at 10am, PM service starts at 12:30pm Mid Week service- 7pm Tuesday Bible Study.
- KJV Only Verified Yes
- Phone 0431331597
- Person Pastor Curtis Rothemund
Lockyer District High School
100 William Street, Gatton